Re: gnome and ice

Michael> I am sure this is a stupid question but first: what is ice,
Michael> second: how does gnome talk to ICE?  AF_INET?

I'm not 100% sure how ICE communicates.  I imagine it does use
sockets.  You could try running gnome-session and then using netstat
to see what is going on.

ICE is used by the session management code.  The session management
protocol is layered over ICE.

I believe ICE connections ought to be as secure as the connection to
your X server.  I think it uses the same authentication scheme.
Again, I haven't verified this.

Tom