Re: Something is missing, Gnome apps have no Face

>On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Robert Soros wrote:
>
>> > Why do GNOME apps need to look different than gtk apps?
[snip]

GNOME apps are expected to behave in a certain fashion. These expectations
cannot be carried over to plain GTK+ programs. It is therefore important to
know whether the app you're looking at is a GNOME app or not.

Example:

AAAAAAAARGH! I exited MegaCoolApp and it didn't save! I thought all GNOME
apps were supposed to ask before exiting with unsaved data! ...uh-oh,
MegaCoolApp isn't a GNOME app.