CVS problems...

This is probably just a problem I'm having, but when I try to
get every directory from the CVS (with "cvs checkout -R ./"),
it stops updating at "e/src/snd/Doink.wav".. It just stops, and
leaves a file in e/src/snd called ".new.Doink.wav" of zero
length.. I would prefer to have the CVS of E.  I can bypass this
by copying the sounds from DR0.14 over and hacking the CVS/Entries
file, but I'd really like to not have to do that, plus it happens
in other places too.. So I was just wondering if it's something
I am doing wrong and/or if it's something that can be fixed
easily ;)
--