Re: Some desktop-links missing

On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 06:12:49PM +0100, Nuno Ferreira wrote:
> Gnomecal and gtt install in the folder Productivity, gulp and gxsnmp in the
> Administration folder.
> Both this folders are missing an entry in desktop-links so they can't be
> translated (and they don't have the folder icon).
> I've made a patch to desktop-links to create this files but I'm not sure if
> gnome-core is the right place to put every folder's .directory file?
> May I commit this?

just put it in ... these are general enough categories that they will be
usable ... and can be in gnome-core ...

also update the .order file in gnome-core so that they are added to the
right order ... (by default I just put the dirs in the order file)

which once again brings me to another question ... does someone want to
write some script that apps could use to analyze an existing .order
file, and add it's .desktop into it? (or a .directory if it needs one)

I thought about this ... if the script finds that the .order is done
directories first,  files second .. it  should follow suit ... if it
finds that it is alphabetically sorted it should follow suit ...

well this wouldn't get it right all of the time, but I guess most of the
time .. if it fails to find a pattern, it doesn't add it to an order file
it's that simple

and a slight feature request for gmenu:

could there be some button that could sort the items (say alphabetically
or in some other way) ... this would be kind of cool

also I've noticed that if I run it as a user and try to change order of
system menus it allows me but just complains on the terminal .. it should
probably not allow it at all if it doesn't have write permissions
to the .order file

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: