Re: You at RedHat?

> >    The second issue is whether GNOME will become distribution
> > dependent or not.  Even if I worked for Red Hat, GNOME is a GPL
> > product and we are very concerned about making GNOME portable.  There
>
> I understand why folks might be concerned, but let me also say that
> *Red Hat* cares that Gnome is not dependent on any one distribution.
> We have Alan Cox working for us, yet the kernel is in no danger of
> becoming Red Hat specific, either.  That's not what *we* are about
> and certainly no way to stay in good with the developer.community.  :-)
> --
>  Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb@redhat.com   "Bah."

After all, GNOME is part of the GNU Project, under the leadership of Richard
Stallman.  That should guarantee we don't have to worry anything...

Similar to gcc (including egcs) involving Cygnus.
IMHO.

--
Li-Cheng Tai (Andy Tai)                       e-mail: atai@ece.ucsd.edu

Free software:  the software by the people, of the people and for the people,
worldwide.  Develop! Share! Enhance! And enjoy!