Re: Compiling Gnome ?

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Pascal Hofstee wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
>
> > try doing ulimit -d unlimited;ulimit -m unlimited;
> >
> > in bash and see if that helps
>
> When after this command I do ulimit -a memory is at unlimited but
> data-seg-size is still the fixed 52M
>
> ;-(((
>
> Pascal

Hmm, thats bad, the ulimit -d unlimited is supposed to fix that.  What
about doing ulimit -d <maximum size of real mem + swap in KB>.  If that
doesn't work maybe it is hard coded into the kernel, or maybe you need to
issue a syscall to change it.  I beleive you said you were using FreeBSD
right?  I don't know too much about the BSD kernel.  Under linux, I think
you can fiddle with these entries on a global basis in proc but I am not
sure how.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>