Re: Panel segfaults

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:

> Well, there is a deeper problem.  apply_global_config is called before
> the panel_corba_gtk_main.  The problem is that orb is not initialized
> until that function.  I am not sure what the correct fix here is.  Maybe
> this is why there was a delayed applet loading queue?  The reason I am
> not moving the CORBA_ORB_init call is because I don't know when ev
> becomes valid.  I think that the orb initialization should be moved out
> of gtk_main before apply_global_config to fix the problems.

Ding ding ding! You got it!

"ev" becomes valid when CORBA_exception_init(ev); is done. I'm committing
"something" to CVS, please try it (the string_to_object() and
object_to_string() routines are seriously broken, I'm investigating it
right now).

I still want to know where that weird IOR is coming from, though. :)
-- Elliot
Do you ever just feel thankful that you know me and have access to my
dementia? Explain. Be prepared to discuss in class.