Re: Writing GNOME apps

> 1) Where can I find an archive of this mailing list, so I can make sure that
> questions haven't already been asked (and answered)?

> 2) Is there documentation on the functions defined in gnome-libs, or is it
> just code by example from other gnome sources?

Looking at the header files should give you a good idea of how thigns
work.  Also the devel-docs include a couple of tutorials.  You can
check the "Writing GNOME apps" in the web site for specific topics on
gnome programming.

> 3) Can someone explain what I need to do to use gnome_config_* functions?  I
> thought I'd grokked the necessary stuff from other applications, but _my_
> program segfaults.  Hmmph.

can you give me a stack trace?  The .h file documents the working of
gnome-config.

> 4) What do I do to submit/register my application with the gnome tree?  (I'm
> currently porting my xothello game to gnome - I oh-so-cleverly call it
> gnothello.)

Well, make a release :-)

> 5) Can somebody teach me how to do autoconf/auto-whatever stuff?

I would start by following the sample code found on other gnome
modules.  There is extensive autoconf/automake documentation provided
with those packages.

Miguel.