Re: ORB problem, was Re: Problem moving applets between panels

On 19 Jul 1998, Raja R Harinath wrote:

> Anyway, I've seen this happen when the ORBit client abruptly disconnects
> from the ORBit server (the applet being the client, and panel being the
> server in this case).  The real problem is probably in the applet part
> of the code.  For me, the applet usually crashes saying something like
> Assertion "sum == res" failed.  A bit of sleuthing shows that a writev
> call EINVALs.

Could you 'strace -e writev' the applet and send me the writev line?
Backtrace and code to reproduce it, too.

The assertion there are to make sure that the total size of the data being
written to the network is equal to the message body size listed in the
CORBA request plus the size of the message header, is equal to the size
that writev() says it wrote.

Thanks,
-- Elliot
Do you ever just feel thankful that you know me and have access to my
dementia? Explain. Be prepared to discuss in class.