Re: question on kfm

> Sri> Out of curiosity, is anyone bothering to perhaps make kfm GNOME
> Sri> compliant (or make it use GTK?)?
>
> Not that I've heard of.  Perhaps it will happen indirectly via the
> effort to write Qt using Gtk underneath.

Okay, I think I remember someone talking about this project just in the
last couple of days.

> Sri> gmc is a bit too unstable to use right now.
>
> Please send bug reports.  The only way it will get better is feedback.

Will do.  The description below is pretty much the only error I'm getting.
I'm hesistant to make a bug report as I'm not sure it's gmc's fault.

> Sri> I think I might have an older gettext library or something
> Sri> becuase I keep having it quit with this error message:
>
> Sri> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_dgettext" called from
> Sri> gmc:/usr/local/lib/libgnomeui.so.0.0 at 0x8137aa4
>
> Sri> I'm using gettext-0.10, is this the wrong version?
>
> Well, yes, but it shouldn't really matter, as gmc includes its own
> copy of the libintl runtime.

Perhaps it's using the wrong one instead of the one it comes with? It's
talking about a gettext called from libgnomeui.  libgnomeui comes from
gnome-libs correct?  In which case, gettext is coming from gettext-0.10 as
thast what I install prior to compiling libs.  Just trying to get a handle
on whether gmc should have been installed before the gnome libraries.
(I don't think thats right as gmc won't detect gnome running on the
system)

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/