Re: Compiling Gnome ?
- From: Pascal Hofstee <gnome Wit401305 student utwente nl>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- cc: Manish Vachharajani <mvachhar vger rutgers edu>, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Compiling Gnome ?
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 00:22:59 +0200 (CEST)
On 19 Jul 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Pascal> I have 32 MB RAM and a Swap Partition of 128 MB (which the
> Pascal> compile doesn't fully use). I think that ought to be enough.
> What really matters it not the total amount of memory, but the amount
> available to the compilation.
> If you are running a lot of processes, then in practice you'll have
> less left for the compile.
> Also, you might have limits set that prevent processes from growing
> "too large". If you use bash, you can use "ulimit -a" to see the
Thanks for that ulimit command ... that's indeed (probably) the problem.
How can I 'disable' the limits ?
] [Thread Prev