Re: Compiling Gnome ?
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- To: Pascal Hofstee <gnome Wit401305 student utwente nl>
- Cc: Manish Vachharajani <mvachhar vger rutgers edu>, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Compiling Gnome ?
- Date: 19 Jul 1998 16:09:33 -0600
Pascal> I have 32 MB RAM and a Swap Partition of 128 MB (which the
Pascal> compile doesn't fully use). I think that ought to be enough.
What really matters it not the total amount of memory, but the amount
available to the compilation.
If you are running a lot of processes, then in practice you'll have
less left for the compile.
Also, you might have limits set that prevent processes from growing
"too large". If you use bash, you can use "ulimit -a" to see the
] [Thread Prev