Re: ee (electric eyes ?)

> I would like to point out that one of the default editors provided along
> with FreeBSD is "easy edit" .... You already see it coming huh ...
>
> Both binaries are called "ee".
>
> I would appreciate it when "Electric Eyes" would be renamed by default
> (eeyes e.g.), to avoid 'problems'. I don't like to see an image-viewer
> open when I try to edit some text-files ;-)

I have the same problem, although it's the opposite.  I wanted the
image-viewer instead of the text-files editor. :)  Unfortunately, certain
utilities seems to use ee by default like vipw.  Unfortunately, I can't
move that.  My solution was to change my PATH variable to reflect
/usr/local/bin first. Since I never plan on using the editor.  however it
would be nice if they changed the name of the binary.  Raster, what do you
think?

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/