Re: cannot add applets help please

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Markus Teich wrote:

> i cant ad any applets to ym panel (rh 5.1) from the menu  happens
> nothing out of an xterm when i start an applet: error cannot communicate
> with panel or so

Perhaps adding some more informative diagnostics here would be helpful,
something like "cannot find unix-domain socket; perhaps panel not running
or /tmp/foo.1 has been removed?"  or something.  If I have time today, then
I'll look, but I'll probably be busy working on getting my FAQ-enhancing
CVS build done...

--
Todd Graham Lewis                                     (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net