Re: Fwd: gnome-guile fails to compile

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 11:05:51 AM +0100, Peter Wainwright wrote:
> gnome-glue.o: In function `sgtk_gnome_canvas_group_new':
> /usr/local/src/gnome/gnome-guile/guile-gnome/gnome-glue.c:1587: undefined refere
> nce to `gnome_canvas_group_new'
[...]

This has been there for quite a bit:  A bit back, a "canvas" widget was
added to gnome-libs, which depends on a feature from gtk 1.1.0.  A couple of
references to it have poped up that aren't protected by automake checks --
one in gnome-guile and one in gnome-core/applets/fifteen.  We should
probably make a feature #define for this one -- automake stuff for it seems
overkill.  (My solution was simply to upgrade to gtk 1.1.0 -- it also fixes
some problems I had with corrupted include files and files I deleted in a
frantic attempt to free some disk space <G>.  Then I noticed a copy of the
mozilla source sitting about...)

	-=- James Mastros
--
This space intentionally filled by something devoid of meaning or relevance.
	-=- Me, with apology to anybody using a similar statement in their