Re: Wrapping Gtk, Gdk, Gnome

dan@telent.net writes:
> Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@ag.or.at> writes:
> >On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Eric Kidd wrote:
> >> interest in a mailing list for discussing these issues. I can supply one on
> >> my server, but would it be better to host it at gnome.org? I have no
> >> preference either way.
> >gnome.org would be probably better, because it would be more official.
> >But in fact, I presume any mailing list will do. :)
>
> <AOL> Last night I got as far as drawing a GtkWindow with a GtkButton
> in it in CMU Common Lisp, so in only a matter of months (years,
> decades, whatever) I hope to be able to add that to the list of
> supported languages.  I'd like a mailing list too ...  </AOL>

I once again strongly recommend getting in touch with Marius Vollmer,
the guile-gtk author, and in fact taking a look at the guile-gtk
module in CVS. It includes gtk.defs, a stylized higher-level
definition of the gtk API (and also now gdk.defs for gdk), and a
script that automatically generates Guile bindings from it. There is
also a gnome.defs in the gnome-guile module for Gnome bindings. Using
these for Common Lisp bindings especially should work very well, since
they are in an s-expression format.

 - Maciej Stachowiak