Re: Compiling Gnome 0.20

The error message you received is due to mico not compiling in the gtk
support that is enabled with --with-gtk on the configure line.  The tools
the --with-gtk configure option enables is in the auxdir of mico I
believe, and included in the lib libmicoaux.

Gnome 0.20 was designed to work with mico 2.0.5 if i'm not mistaken, not
sure if the version you're using would work correctly or not (someone else
with more knowledge on this subject might be able to comment on it).

If you run autogen.sh and get an invalid link to AM_PATH_GTK, make sure
you've set the symbolic link that is found on the compile-faq you
mentioned below in your email (ln -s /usr/local/share/aclocal/gtk.m4
/usr/share/aclocal).  Also, make sure you run autogen.sh with the
--with-gtk option.

After that, mico should compile fine and after another install of mico,
the panel should also compile fine.

One a side note, I've begun a compile/installation instruction page for
the periodic gnome releases (i.e.: 0.13, 0.20).  The page is not complete
and the links don't all work correctly, but if anyone would like to check
it out and let me know what you think, the address is:
www.cryon.com/gnome.

Thanks, let me/us know if that helped Lee.

Steve