Anonymous CVS

I just tried to log into anonymous CVS to make a patch for gnome-graphics.
When I ran cvs-login I recieved the following unusual error message.

cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from anoncvs.gnome.org: E
Fatal error, aborting.

I used the following for my CVSROOT environment variable
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome

On a completely different note, I have made quite a few changes in
gnome-graphics, fixing some bugs in ElectricEyes and I would prefer not
having to make a huge patch.  Is it possible for me to get access to the
main cvs archive so I can commit the changes?

Thanks in advance.

Neil Vachharajani
nvachhar@pluto.njcc.com