Re: anoncvs

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Michael Lankton wrote:

> I've never used cvs before.  I set:
> export CVS_SERVER=anoncvs.gnome.org
> export CVSROOT=pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome
> in /etc/profile, but when I exec cvs update from my cvs dir it returns:
> locuser too long
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
> I read the man page and I didn't see the problem.  Appreciate any help.

Does following the instructions at
http://www.gnome.org/software/anoncvs.shtml help at all? It doesn't sound
like you're doing anything obviously wrong, although you should make sure
you re-checked out the whole tree using the new CVSROOT (otherwise it will
try to update from the old server because that's what CVS/Root has in it).

-- Elliot
Forget chickens, I want to know whether the assembler or the OS came first.