Re: Gnome from CVS breakage

Josh Sled wrote:

> Do you have the requisite versions of autoconf, automake, etc?  I've
> never seen these errors before...

Checking:  autoconf-2.12    and   automake-1.2 .  Are those decent?

> I remember this problem... :)
> FreeBSD's 'make' isn't GNU-compatible...  use 'gmake'...

D'oh .gmake yields similar results though:

<stuff>

checking for /usr/libexec/aout/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd3.0 ld.so
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd3.0
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking For extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed
./configure: 1840: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
gmake: *** [config.status] Error 2
bash-2.01#

Any suggestions appreciated?