Re: another compile problem, gnome-core
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- To: Jarl Wijman <merlyn iaehv nl>
- Cc: gnome-list gnome org, Raja R Harinath <harinath cs umn edu>
- Subject: Re: another compile problem, gnome-core
- Date: 05 Jul 1998 01:20:55 -0600
Jarl> Trying to compile gnome-core i get this error:
Jarl> In file included from /usr/local/include/mico/naming.h:13,
Jarl> from applet-lib.cc:3:
Jarl> /usr/local/include/mico/throw.h:35: warning: `catch', `throw', and `try' are all C++ reserved words
Jarl> /usr/local/include/mico/throw.h:35: exception handling disabled, use -fhandle-exceptions to enable.
I get this error too. The error basically occurs because
panel/Makefile.am no longer sets `CXX = mico-c++'.
There's no ChangeLog entry for this change, but the miracle that is
"cvs annotate" tracked it down to this change:
date: 1998/06/30 19:15:06; author: harinath; state: Exp; lines: +2 -3
* Makefile.am (appletsConf.sh): Don't sed in INTLLIBS.
* appletsConf.sh.in (APPLETS_LIBS): Remove @INTLLIBS@.
INTLLIBS is is a build only variable.
Hari, can you tell me why this change was made? Likewise, why was the
CXXFLAGS definition commented out?
If there's no reason for the changes, they ought to be reverted.
As a workaround, you can run `make CXX=mico-c++ CXXFLAGS='.
That made the build work for me, anyway.
] [Thread Prev