Re: undefined reference to `dgettext'

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, shogun wrote:

> Ok, I've seen this one discussed over the last month, and have tried
> the few suggestions that have appeared in the list, but this is still

What you need to do is see that of all the packages that compile
successfully, they link against a copy of libintl.a in their own
subdirectory.  The ones that fail do not have this subdirectory.

Copy libintl.a (.so) from one of the successful compiles into a system
directory, such as /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.  gettext for whatever
reason does not supply dgettext.  Make sure to remove old libintl
libraries and re-run ldconfig as root.

This should be in the archive as I suggested it before.

--
Christopher Curtis               - http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis
Florida Institute of Technology  - System Administrator, Programmer