undefined reference to `dgettext'

Hi all.

Ok, I've seen this one discussed over the last month, and have tried
the few suggestions that have appeared in the list, but this is still
happening:

/usr/local/lib/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gnomeg] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/hdb10/temp/cvs/gnome-guile/guile-gnome'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/hdb10/temp/cvs/gnome-guile'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

..while compiling gnome-guile. I've re-installed gettext, I've compiled with
'make LIBS=-lintl', uninstalled the entire gnome-gtk-extra-src-etc and
started from scratch, it is still happening.

I'm trying to compile the latest available source from the CVS tree, running
a slackware 3.4 system with libc5 and latest snapshot of egcs.

Is there any other known fixes to this? I have attempted to compile Gnome
quite a few times over the last few months and have spent many hours, and
have not completed the cycle even once.

_any_ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--

Matt Neville
sho-gun@darkside.paniczone.com