Re: ORB?

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Philip Dawes wrote:

> The other thing is that some people prefer objective C over C++ for
> doing low level OO stuff. How difficult will it be to link ObjC wrappers
> to c++ libraries? Can this be done? (Elliot?)

Well, you can theoretically have Objective C++, but I've never seen a
compiler for it :)

C++ is a pain to integrate with, whereas it is possible to access all ObjC
stuff from plain C. It would require bastardizing all the C++ classes to
add static methods and all that stuff...

Let's not worry about ObjC for now, though - we just need a plain CORBA C
ORB, the rest will come in time.

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way
to factor large prime numbers." -- Bill Gates from "The Road Ahead," p. 265.