Re: GNOME TODO list now automated

    >> yeah .. why not add a screenshot dir to CVS .... it would be
    >> easier for the maintainer to just make a newer screenshot and
    >> put it in there ...  that way there are more screenshots (and
    >> more up to date ones) for people to look at ...

    Jim> I'd suggest a non-CVS directory.  CVS isn't great at doing
    Jim> diffs on binaries.

The nice thing about CVS is that people can use the repository to add
files.  There's a switch ("cvs add -kb file.gif" or something like
that -- I'd have to check) which handles the binary file problems.  It
will not even try to do diffs on those files.

For documentation, screenshots will be part of the DocBook documents,
and should be CVS controlled, even if they are not stored as diffs.