Re: gnome-config problems

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> What is your point?  SGML is *very* hard to parse correctly.  Scheme
> is trivial in comparison.

While I agree on Scheme's parsability, the question of parsing SGML is
in reality a solved one, since there are freeware packages that do it.
Or you could use XML, which is vastly simpler.

The advantages of SGML is that you can verify correctness and
well-formedness in a hierarchical structure.  It's a rather large
apparatus for reading config files, IMHO.

An advantage of using Scheme is that you could get a programming
language in there, you could put a cond in your config file, which is a
lot harder to do with SGML.

~kzm