Re: gnome-config problems

Jason Gilbert wrote:

> I've always liked the way apache does their config files.  They use a
> HTML-ish syntax. It would seem especially nice for writing configs for
> objects.

Then I need a new special HTML-Editor and Browser:(
Writing html from scratch without a HTML-Editor is a tedious job for me.
The original HTML-File is not easy to read too (not easy to find a tag
and its parameter)

I think SGML is only good, when we have long texts in the documents.

<tag>
 ...a long text without tags or with few tags ...
</tag>

Besides, apache has total control over their tags in config files. Have
we?

Can I add a new tag for my application?

I am new to sgml. I have learned how to write in sgml, but not how to
extend it. If it is not easy for a application developer to extend the
tags-system, he will not use it.

By the way, can I easily add a new tag in a guile-ized config files? How
can I do it? and how can my application get the config data. I hope I
don't need to read a whole scheme book to implement my application.

Yours,