Re: ORB?

> I think the current leaning is towards MICO.  None of the free ORBs is
> a very good fit:
>
> * OmniORB is C++ only and is missing a lot of features.
>   On the plus side, it is fast.
>
> * MICO is C++ only.
>   On the plus side, it has CORBA features that both ILU and OmniORB
>   lack.
>
> * ILU has good language support, but bad licensing.
>   It is missing some CORBA features.
>   (BTW did we ever heard back from Xerox about the license
>   clarification?)

* Flick supports C
  It is very fast (the only optimizing stub compiler).
  Lacks lots of features.

I am right now writing a replacement event loop for the Flick
micro-CORBA implementation (http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux).

Those CORBA servers that do not require DII (nor a BOA to find other
services) can just use the Flick code for providing services.

Best wishes,
Miguel.