Re: font renderers in gdk

Christoph Toshok wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> spurred by raster's comments about FnLib and anti-aliased fonts, I've
> hacked a font renderer abstraction into gdk.
This is a *very* cool idea, one of the coolest I've read so far. In
fact, it's so damn cool I want to have it yesterday! This is absolutely
worth having in *any* toolkit, not just Gdk. I wonder why nobody ever
came up with this idea before!

> Using the URL scheme, you can either specify a font renderer, or the
> font code will discover one for you that can handle the font.  The two
> ways of specifying a font are (for example):
webfonts! Once w3c agrees on a final standard for those things, a
gdk/gtk browser would be the first one to support them! I want it! This
is such a cool idea, I just can't get over it. Once you got something
working I'm definitly adding it to XmHTML.

Koen.
--
XmHTML author and maintainer
ripley@xs4all.nl                          http://www.xs4all.nl/~ripley