Re: Games (faking scores and things btw)

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, [iso-8859-1] Horacio J. Peña wrote:

> ¡Hola!
>
> > > Ok, but the added support for levels broke it. Now i'm changing it a lot to
> > > use gnome_config_* so it isn't going to need be suid anymore...
> > No, using gnome_config_* will not automagically fix sgid problems... If
> > you have it using gnome_config for system-wide scores, then you just have
> > it linked to yet more code that needs to be audited. Right now it's nice
> > and simple.
> Ok, but now we'll be using newly only one file, so it can be created at
> install-time.

That has nothing to do with the problem. The problem is that if you make
gnome-score-helper use gnome_config, now we have to go through 10 times
the amount of code in order to make sure it is secure.

Can you provide more details on this problem that was added with levels,
and/or just fix it?
-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way
to factor large prime numbers." -- Bill Gates from "The Road Ahead," p. 265.