Re: Scroll bars.

> Scrollbars are generally on the right side so that it is easier to
> line up data visually.  For example, say you have something like
>
> A general guideline in developing GUIs is that if you are going against
> the grain you are most likely wrong.  This is not always the case
> obviously - but it is good to try and think of reasons why you should
> not change standards as well.
>
> -Shawn
>
> --
> Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions

Yes, I totally agree with the above.   One more thing is that standard
conventions have become habits of users, and thus today's definition of ease of
use includes following current conventions (what people are familiar with).
Think about a Gnome with strange layouts of scrollbars, etc.  That won't
increase the acceptance of Gnome, but to work against it.

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> >
> > Please, dont doom yet another interface with the same old stupid
> > scrollbars used in almost ever GUI out there.

That's your opinion ONLY.

--
Li-Cheng Tai (Andy Tai)                       e-mail: atai@ece.ucsd.edu

Free software:  the software by the people, of the people and for the people,
worldwide.  Develop! Share! Enhance! And enjoy!