Re: GNOME...(www.gnome.org)

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Jules Gosnell wrote:

> I have found a Guile rpm in contrib but would really like a Gnome one.
> Since if I bother building it myself it will probably be out of date by
> the time I finish getting right.

There's a gnome srpm available at
http://www.seawood.org/linux/gnome-0.12-1.src.rpm.

It has a couple of tweaks.

I patched it to install every locale in $prefix/share/locale instead of
splitting it between $prefix/{lib,share}/locale.

There is also a patch to make it check for -lqthreads instead of just -lqt
so it will not get confused when it finds TrollTech's QT instead of
QuickThreads.

By default, rpms built will be installed in /opt/gnome, but you can change
this by installing them using --prefix option.  Just don't forget to set
GNOMEDIR when you do this (untested, but that's what Miguel, gnome
developer, says should work).

There are also a few of other srpms in that directory that might be
needed, namely gtk+-0.99.3, automake-1.2d & libgmp-2.0.2.  And you must
use rpm-2.4.12 to build/install it or your /etc/ld.so.conf file may not be
updated properly.

Regards,
Christopher
---
Christopher Seawood             * Software Engineer/System Admin
cls@seawood.org                 * http://www.seawood.org