Re: Gnomescape...when?

B> Try writing a page that sets say bold on and then say italic off,
B> load it into a browser and gee whiz, that italic off just became a
B> bold off ;)

B> Ie, the browser just takes whichever token is on top of the push
B> down stack and pops it. This means all your style tags must not
B> span other style tags. There aint nothin in the standard about
B> those style tags having to be inside or outside :P

Actually, there is.  Tags in SGML (including HTML) must be nested.
Overlapping tags are not allowed at all.  From the HTML 4 standard:

    Please consult the SGML standard for information about rules
    governing elements (e.g., they must be properly nested, an end tag
    closes all omitted start tags up to the matching start tag
    (section 7.5.1), etc.).

Try running that through an HTML validator if you don't believe me.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
All most people want is a little more than they'll ever get.