Re: Gnomescape...when?

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:

> Well, it does seem to say GPL will be used, I hadn't noticed that before.
> "GPL's heritage" is marketing BS for "we will use the GPL", most likely.

The pessimistic view would be that it is marketing for "something that
sounds a lot like the GPL, but is actually quite different."

I hope they do not choose a QT like license to hogtie commercial
competitors from using their code.

Still, relatively good news.

Jay

| Jay Bloodworth                  | jay@pathways.sde.state.sc.us |
| Network Technician              | Voice: (803) 734-7000        |
| SC Department of Education      | Fax: (803) 734-4064          |