Re: Gnomescape...when?

Elliot Lee wrote:

> They plan to release 5.0 source code for "free modification and
> distribution". Nothing known for sure yet about GPL, and the source code
> thing doesn't apply to NS 4.x

They do mention the GPL on the press release on netscape's site, but
they never actually specifically say that it will be GPLed.  It sounded
more to me like it would be something "similar" to the GPL.

jason

--
Jason Gilbert | http://www.scott.net/~jason/ | http://www.mantissa.com/

"The total job will be in the software, and we'll be able to write big
fat programs. We can let them run somewhat inefficiently because there
will be so much horsepower that just sits there. The real focus won't
be who can cram it down in, or who can do it in machine language. It
will be on who can define the right user interface and properly
integrate the main packages." -- Bill Gates, PC Magazine 1982