Re: Fear & loathing with CORBA

On 1998-01-22 at 08:20:29, stephen farrell wrote:
> > 1) user has corbafied gmix running & visible on desktop
>
> Why corbafy a mixer?  The only thing that needs to interact with it
> is you!

No, no joke.  It's easy to abuse such a thing, so probably a style
guide page should control how far an application can go, but it's not
about controlling gmix, it's about controlling your sound cards mixer.

You sure want to control it by other means, not just mousing in gmix,
for example, as an alarm clock, turning on your radio at 6am, or that
appointment notifier on important things.  Remote control is good, it
makes me remember AREXX from Amiga (which I am still using..).

--
Janos - Don't worry, my address is real.  I'm just bored of spam.