Re: Gnome Mailing List

The age-old religious war about Reply-To rewriting by list software is
not something we are going to end here on gnome-list.

Instead of arguing the merits of either way of doing it, I propose a
win-win solution: split the subscriber list into two parts, one of which
gets their Reply-To's filtered and replaced and the other of which
doesn't!

That way we can all choose whether our Gnome-list messages have their
reply headers tampered with or not. We will be split approximately 50-50
and cannot possibly resolve this issue to the satisfaction of everyone
in any other way.

I tried this on one or two custom lists I ran at my old job, with great
success...the confirmation-of-subscription requestss sent out to new
list users would offer them the choice of list-replies or sender-replies
as default.

Flames to dev@null.org please.