Re: -geometry wrong?

On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 02:45:14PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I was trying to set gtt to start from my .xinitrc today and found that
> the -geometry option doesn't work right when given negative offsets
> (ie: -0-0 to put it into the lower right hand corner.)  Does
> anyone know if this is a gnome-lib, gtk-lib, or gtt specific problem?

It's gtt specific. I found no way to do it in gtk/gdk so I tried to deal
with it on my own. Since I included it in a early stage I didn't know enough
about widget realization and size_requests to get the correct size of the
window before it is actually realized. I haven't touched the code since
then, so it is still buggy. You can workaround this problem by specifying a
size as well. That way gtt knows the size of the window and can correctly
calculate negative positioning. Sorry for that -- I will put it into TODO.

--
Eckehard Berns