Re: imlib now under automake/autoconf
- From: Mark Galassi <rosalia cygnus com>
- To: Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow mit edu>
- Cc: Mark Galassi <rosalia cygnus com>, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: imlib now under automake/autoconf
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:49:47 -0700
>> Over raster's dead body I have put imlib under
Maciej> This works a lot better for me than the old config
Maciej> stuff. Two suggestions:
Maciej> 1) Could the stuff that automake --add-missing adds be
Maciej> checked into CVS so the --add-missing is not necessary?
Maciej> This would be more consistent with the other Gnome stuff
Maciej> in CVS.
Changwoo has already answered this one. There are two automake+CVS
interaction philosophies: (1) (which Tom endorses) check it all in, so
you have the full contents of the .tar.gz file in the CVS repository.
(2) (which we are using in GNOME) don't put *any* generated file under
I think that (1) is better for tighly-knit projects without anonymous
access (since everyone can have the exact same versions of automake,
libtool, autoconf etc...), but (2) is better for GNOME because it is
such a distributed project.
Maciej> 2) Is there any chance of adding libtool support as well,
Maciej> so shared libraries can be built?
I have just committed those fixes! Let me know if it works for you.
My next goal is to try it out on non-linux machines :-)
] [Thread Prev