Re: [Tim Wilkinson <tim transvirtual com>] [ANNOUCEMENT] Kaffe: The future

> Having said that, if I were going to do it all over again, I would use
> a Ghostscript-type license.  I would be a millionaire, and would be
> able to work on freed software all day long, with no need to scrape
> and scratch for an income.  So no, I can't condemn them for using the
> license they have.

only old releases of ghostscript are actual free software ...

I don't like this whole kaffe license bit .... they can allways sell
exceptions to the GPL license so that when someone buys that, they can
redistribute their version under any license they please (maybe with
certain restrictions) .... they could give out the source to paying
customers ... as long as you own teh copyright you can release the
source under different copyright as well ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!