No Subject

Subject: Re: [Tim Wilkinson <tim@transvirtual.com>] [ANNOUCEMENT] Kaffe: The future
--------

> If they don't want to change their license to be DFSG free (they seem
> to want to build a business around it), I propose that we set up
> kaffe+kore+biss-awt in CVS on master.debian.org (perhaps in the Gnome
> repository), and fork a version.

I agree that this is bad news, but a major good-faith effort should be
made to get the authors to release under DFSG/OSD-free terms before
forking a version. Perhaps they do not realize how much they are
potentially losing by taking this approach. I'm going to do my part
and write them; I'd like to see some prominent names if the free
software community do so as well.

 - Maciej Stachowiak