Re: RPM and Corba/GNOME

> Does it allow you to specify the operations for a specific file type (i.e.
> 'application/x-rpm') and have those operations also listed for
> application/x-rpm/installed and application/x-rpm/uninstalled files?

There are various ways of choosing the actions associated with a
file: you can match actions by a regexp or by the file contents (the
file command is used to figure out what the file is).

> This would allow us, for example, to specify a 'Delete' operation
> for files of the '' type, and then for all files the user could plug
> in their custom trash can program there, or simply have it use
> /bin/rm -rf...

Right now delete is considered an internal operation and goes trough
the VFS.  We could change Delete to be a user-defined action and if no
Delete operation is defined, we fall back to VFS.

cheers,
Miguel.