OSF/1 compilation problems

I'm trying to compile gnome 0.12 on an OSF/1 3.2D system with gcc 2.7.2.

The first problem I ran into was not having the Session Manager library.
configure noticed this but there were still undefined references
in libgnomeui/gnome-session.c.

I hacked in these defines in gnome-session.h under the first HAVE_LIBSM
ifdef/else block:
#define SmDiscardCommand                0
#define SmRestartCommand                0
#define SmCloneCommand          0

And it compiled fine. Does anyone know if this breaks anything? The
comment in the header file says the values don't matter.

Okay so my _real_ problem is:
Making all in guile-gtk
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/src/gnome-0.12/guile-gtk'
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc -I/usr/local/include/ -g -O2  -o
guile-gtk -export-dynamic   main.o libguilegtk.la -lguile  -lgtk -lgdk
-lglib  -lXext -lX11  -ldnet_stub -L/usr/local/lib -lm
rm -f .libs/guile-gtk.nm .libs/guile-gtk.nmT
extracting global C symbols from `main.o'
creating .libs/guile-gtkS.c
(cd .libs && gcc -c -fno-builtin "guile-gtkS.c")
gcc -I/usr/local/include/ -g -O2 -o guile-gtk .libs/guile-gtkS.o main.o
.libs/libguilegtk.a -lguile -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -ldnet_stub
-L/usr/local/lib -lm
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/bin/ld:
Warning: Linking some objects which contain exception information sections
        and some which do not. This may cause fatal runtime exception
handling
        problems (last obj encountered without exceptions was
.libs/libguilegtk.a).
Unresolved:
gtk_signal_connect_no_marshal

And I can't find a gtk_signal_connect_no_marshal in the gtk library!

The closest thing I found was
gtk_signal_connect_by_type
although this has two extra parameters:
signal_type, which I just set to zero,
and marshalling which I set to FALSE.

So I changed the reference in gtk-compat.c from
gtk_signal_connect_no_marshal to gtk_signal_connect_by_type

but the compilation still bombs out and says gtk_signal_connect_by_type is
not found either :(. The gtk library call reference web page makes no
reference to either function! help!

Don
--
Don Park  (503)777-7546(w) 940-7797(p) don.park@reed.edu [dlab.reed.edu]