Off-topic postings (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Style Guide available for review)

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Kai Wetzel wrote:

> Per Lewau wrote:
> > Shouldn't this discussion be held on the gnome-gui list?
>
> I agree.  It's at least 90% GUI related IMO.  But
> I don't think it's a good idea to move such a long
> thread over to another list.  We have to be more careful
> in the future I guess.

Why not move it? People only interested in GUI issues would miss out on a
lot of discussion and people not interested in GUI issues get their
mailbox cluttered up.

> Maybe sending the initial post of a new GUI thread
> to the main list is ok until gui-list is healthy (or is
> it already ?).  (With possible discussion on gui-list only).

The GUI list is working, and has been for some time. I've commented on the
Style Guide on that list and judging from the follow-ups Mr Blizzard isn't
even on the list. I think everyone who is discussing usability issues
should join that list now and stop sending off-topic posts to the main
Gnome list.

Per Lewau (perle@lysator.liu.se)Student of Computer Science at the
				University of Linkoping,
				Sweden.
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
						- Hobbes