Re: ANNOUNCE: Style Guide available for review.

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Matt Kimball wrote:

> This bothers me too.  For instance, take a look at the traceroute
> program I have written.  (http://www.mkimball.org/mtr.html).  In
> particular, see the GTK+ screenshot.  Should mtr have a menubar?  It
> seems unnecessary.
>
> Perhaps a menubar should be required only when the application is
> complex enough that it has more than a few operations available.

Hey, nice little app!

Specific cases are good. ;-)  I think you should make it look more
like a dialog.  "Quit" should be "Close" and the should be on the
bottom right using a gnome stock widget.  People are going to select
this via the menu and think of it as a dialog, so this will be fine,
it will integrate onto the desktop very well.  The only issue then
is how to direct the user to GNOME help in a dialog since most
users may not be familiar with what traceroute does.

--
Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions
Senior Systems Administrator	Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.
    forever;