RE: Menus (was RE: Shortcuts ??)

> >is clear that the item is selectable.  (How does Mac
> indicate that you
> >can't select the "halfway-through" item?)
>
> As I remember It didn't you could just select any half way
> through item and it would open that folder. However I could
> be wrong as I haven't used a Mac in quite awhile

That's all fine with *folders* and files, but what about regular menus
that contain cascades.
Presumable, with
Format
  \____ Paragraph
               \__________Indent
               \__________Line Spacing
               \__________Etcetera

I cannot select "Paragraph" halfway through.
So it could be confusing to the user just when you can and can't select
cascades.
Hence, the conditional cascade menu.

Paul