Re: links

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, chuck by default wrote:

> i'd just like to say please *do not* make users use .lnk or .kdelnk or
> .glnk or whatever files for links/aliases/whatever you'd like to call
> them. ln -s is *much* nicer, happier, etc. Make a dnd front end to it,
> whatever, but... ln -s is your friend :)
>
> -chuck

It's great for linking files, it's more efficient for that sort of
thing...  But for storing parameters used to execute a program and such,
the .*lnk file is a very efficient way of doing it.  I'd think both should
be available, with the .*lnk files being used for setting up apps and the
symbolic links being used for what they've always been good for - linking.

ja ne,

Lester Barrows (Ryoga)  |  ICC Operator   |/~~|        \   _|___ \``
barrows@Oswego.EDU      | SysOp, NeoA88   |   |  |    --+   |   |
www.oswego.edu/~barrows | Linux Inside!       |  |~~    |  ,'  ,'
"Do or Do Not: There is no try."  -Yoda    __/  (l\_  _/  /   /