Re: gtt suggestions

Eckehard Berns wrote:
> I was thinking about a man page for gtt. But are man pages really the way
> to go in a GUI? You can always run gtt and look through the help system.
> Or did you ever run man on emacs? It has a fine info document, so why
> bothering with the man page?
>
> On the other hand, when there are people trying to fetch a man page for
> gtt, I should add one just for completeness. (But I still think the correct
> way to search for help on a Gnome program is to look through the Gnome
> help system :) ).

May I suggest we go the same way as GNU.  They have man pages for all their
programs but they are usually quite short and give the description of the
program and its flags.  They then refer you to, in GNU's case, the info
documents.

Perhaps we could do the same.  Try to make sure their is a simple man
page that refers to the gnome help.  There needs to be a one-liner though
saying how to bring the help up.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|