Re: Gnome CVS split finished.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
>    Federico and I spent the whole day setting up automake/autoconf for
> the new module layout on the CVS tree.  Developers should be able to
> continue work now.
I found that there were a lot of missing -ldl's in quite a few makefiles
(ie panel/Makefile) which meant I got a lot of errors about ldopen and
friends not being found.

I couldn't get gtk-xmhtml lib to compile at all. It said it that some
gtk_ function was undefined:
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -o .libs/htmltest test.o -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib ../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lm -lXpm -ljpeg -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lSM -lICE -lm
../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `gtk_signal_get_handlers'

Without this lib some other programs wouldn't compile.

libgnome wouldn't compile and install by default, but cd'ing into
gnome-libs/libgnome and make install fixed that.

>    Now, the new scheme for addon-packages is wonderful and great
> except for a little buglet that I have not been able to track down how
> to make CFLAGS and LDFLAGS automagically pick up the gnome-libs
> install path (ie, as you can see, I dont usr /usr/local) from the
> gnomeConf.sh file.  If someone can look into this, I will appreciate
> it a lot, as I have always ripped my hair off today doing this split.
Also for some reason @X_CFLAGS@ in the makefile was not being translated
into whatever it should be (I think "", I just put X_FLAGS =  on the line and
it seemed quite happy).

Other than that, it has been a relatively trouble-free compile.
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|