Re: why use guile?

> Are you speaking from experience, or are you guessing?  My understanding
> is that a decent ORB should handle CORBA calls with very little overhead.
> If you are making the calls from guile or any other interpreted scripting
> language which is fairly slow anyway, the overhead should be
> insignificant.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this?  Is CORBA slow?

Yes, CORBA can be very slow if you use this for everything.

The Flick paper addresses the bottlenecks in most CORBA
implementations (except Flick), where they show that the
marshalling/unmarshalling code takes a large ammount of CPU processing
and sets a limit on the number of corba calls you can do.

To that you can add context switch time for every single corba call
you perform.

Miguel.